If you have self-confidence, you have all you need to succeed and be wealthy. Unfortunately, a high level of self-confidence seems hard to come by in this day and age. Napoleon Hill recognized this as a human condition as well, and laid out a formula for success that starts with you.
• First. I know that I have the ability to achieve the object of my Definite Purpose in life, therefore, I demand from myself persistent, continuous action toward attaining it; I vow here and now to take that action.
• Second. I realize the dominating thoughts of my mind will eventually reproduce themselves in outward, physical action, and gradually transform themselves into physical reality; therefore, for thirty minutes every day I will concentrate on thinking of the person I intend to become, thereby creating a clear mental picture of that person in my mind.
• Third. I know through the principle of auto-suggestion any desire that I persistently hold in my mind will eventually seek expression through some practical means of attaining the thing I desire; therefore, I will devote ten minutes every day and demand of myself that I develop self-confidence.
• Fourth. I have written down a clear description of my definite chief aim in life, and I will never stop trying, until I have developed sufficient self-confidence to attain it.
• Fifth. I fully realize that wealth or position cannot last long unless it is built upon truth and justice; therefore, I will engage in no transaction which does not benefit all those affected by it. I will succeed by attracting the forces I wish to use, and the cooperation of other people, to me. I will make others want to serve me because of my willingness to serve others. I will eliminate hatred, envy, jealousy, selfishness, and cynicism, by developing love for all humanity, because I know that a negative attitude toward others can never bring me success. I will make others to believe in me, because I will believe in them, and in myself.
• I will sign this formula, commit it to memory, and repeat it aloud once every day, with full faith that it will gradually influence my thoughts and actions so that I will become a self-reliant, successful person.
A Formula For Success
This post needs little more comment from me. This is a timeless formula for success if ever there was one. Just remember that everything you do in life starts and ends with you. Build the confidence in yourself to build strong foundations for happiness and success, and everything you do will be done to the same level of high expectation and results with a sustainability and satisfaction that will continue to attract more of the same.
SeanRasmussen.com © 2004 – 2009