More than just telling us it can be done, Napoleon Hill intuitively knew that people need more—to be told how to do it; how to develop faith and harness that power for wealth and success.
“Faith Is A State of Mind Able To Be Induced By Auto-Suggestion”
“Have faith” is not a new concept; all down the ages religious leaders and followers have admonished struggling humanity to “have faith” in whatever dogma or creed they are following. But they have failed to tell people how to have faith. They’ve failed to tell people that “faith is a state of mind, and that it may be induced by self-suggestion.”
Here, in simple terms, is described all that is known about the principle through which faith may be developed, where it does not already exist.
Have Faith in yourself; Faith in the Infinite.
Before we begin, let’s review the essential points regarding faith:
• Faith is the “eternal elixir” which gives life, power, and action to the impulse of thought.
o The foregoing sentence is worth reading a second time, and a third, and a fourth. It is worth reading aloud!
• Faith is the starting point of the accumulation of all riches!
• Faith is the basis of all “miracles,” and all mysteries which cannot be analyzed by the rules of science!
• Faith is the only known antidote for failure!
• Faith is the element–the “chemical”–which, when mixed with prayer, gives a person direct communication with Infinite Intelligence.
• Faith is the element which transforms ordinary thought, created by the limited mind of man, into the spiritual equivalent.
• Faith is the only agent through which man can harness and use the cosmic force of Infinite Intelligence.
Every one of these statements can be proven!
Faith And Proof
This list is just the beginning of the lesson. For now, it’s enough to think on it and consider the points. With Mr. Hill, we’ll explore them and see those proofs for ourselves. Know, though, that whatever your spiritual beliefs, it is your level of faith and belief in yourself that will determine your outcome. Everything you do relies on your faith in yourself, your goals, and your ability to accomplish them.
SeanRasmussen.com © 2004 – 2009