As I write this, it’s 6pm on New Years Eve. Only a few hours away from the big fireworks. In true AussieWood fashion, I have prefilmed a New Years Message with fireworks and all. Below the video is a list of my resolutions for 2009.
Happy New Year
I filmed this message at Hong Kong Disneyland a few weeks ago whilst on holidays with my family.
My 10 Resolutions for 2009
Here are some ‘quick off the bat’ resolutions for 2009. Making them official and online holds me accountable and helps me achieve these. I made some public goals in 2004 and most have been achieved. This is a very powerful thing to do: Making your goals public – because it makes you look like a goose if you don’t make the effort to achieve them.
Please give me feedback on these in the comments section. My goals are precious and important to me. They may not be on your wishlist, but check them out and see what you think:
1. Focus – 2008 was a mixed bag for me. I did heaps, had more success in my Internet Marketing business and traveled to places with my family. However, doing too much and trying to please to many people diluted my focus massively. 2009 holds a year of FOCUS for me. Do less – achieve more!
2. Charity. I set goals in the past of donating 10% to charity, blah, blah, blah… I have set up those charities as a permanent support structure but have fallen short of the amount I should be donating. The point is that goals have to be specific. So I’m setting a dollar figure. In 2009, I will increase my Charity Donations to a Minimum of $1,000 per month – every month. Regardless of my profit margins.
3. Family. This is my highest priority. Without family, no one is anything. I am nothing without my wife, children, mother, father and brother. I love them more than they could possibly imagine and 2009 means spending even more time with my family – which ties in my travel and lifestyle goals.
4. Travel. A long term goal of mine is to take my 2 sons to every continent in the world, by the time they are 20. This is happening now and is ongoing. This year, I will take them to a Pacific Island and South East Asia. My business will take me to the USA, Asia and possibly Europe in 2009.
Balancing travel with business and lifestyle can be tricky. There is a fine line between fun and work in this business.
5. Consolidation. Slow down! Despite my travel schedule, 2009 will be much easier than 2008. My 20 acre property needs more lovin’. I’ve promised my wife that 2009 will include plenty of ‘home stuff’. So I’m spending plenty of time at home with the loved ones.
6. Business. I am hell bent on being the number 1 name in Internet Marketing in South East Asia. That’s not from an Ego Perspective. I couldn’t give 2 Hoots what people think of me – as long as it’s good 😉 . Now I’ve said that, I suppose I’ll have to share it with all the other guys that will email me and tell me they are doing the same – LOL. Good. I love a challenge! And it’s all about having fun in the process.
Expect my dream business: WebVison2020 – Perfect Online Vision, to hit the streets in early 2009.
7. Gratitude. In 2009 I will state 5 things to be grateful for – every morning when I get out of bed. Gratitude is the mother of inspiration and possibly the grandmother of peace. Peace is good and so is inspiration. More thanks!
8. Dreaming. 2009 is the year I allow myself to dream like a child. We tell children to stop dreaming, yet dreams are the seed of all invention. Without dreams there are no new ideas, human creation or inventions. Why would anyone want to stop dreaming? Not me! I’m allowing myself to dream in 2009.
9. Provide The Dream. One of my main drives in business is to help others achieve their dreams. WebVision2020 is such a vehicle where I intend to help others get access to these tools and in a very affordable way. Far to many businesses over charge and under deliver. Stopping that is my Mission in 2009 through WebVison2020. Wish me luck!
10. Lifestyle and Passion. I love the internet. I love my family, travel, life, the world and having a positive attitude. All of the above 9 points culminate in one thing: PASSION. It is the one thing that keeps us going forward. None of the above points are valid for me or anyone if there is no Passion in it. I’m having a great lifestyle and I’m passionate about what I do.
I’m grateful for everything I have and everything I’ve been dealt in life.
So to add these all up: It’s all about lifestyle and passion. Throw in a grain of gratitude with it – and we have a winner!
Have a most outstanding year in 2009
SeanRasmussen.com © 2004 – 2009