Napoleon Hill takes a different approach to finding satisfying work and opportunities. He puts you in the seat of control, rather than having you play the begging victim. It’s an interesting perspective that makes all too much sense. Why haven’t we thought of this before?
How To Get The Exact Position You Desire
Everyone enjoys doing the kind of work they are best suited for. An artist loves to work with paints, a craftsman with his hands, a writer loves to write. Those with less definite talents have their preferences for certain fields of business, industry, and technology. If America does anything well, it offers a full range of occupations, tilling the soil, manufacturing, marketing, computing, technology developing, and the professions.
• First. Decide exactly what kind of a job you want. If the job doesn’t already exist, maybe you can create it.
• Second. Choose the company or individual for whom you wish to work.
• Third. Study your prospective employer, their policies, personnel, and chances for advancement.
• Fourth. Through self analysis, analyzing your talents and capabilities, figure out what you can offer, and plan ways and means of giving advantages, services, developments…ideas that you believe you can successfully deliver.
• Fifth. Forget about “a job.” Forget whether or not there is an opening. Forget the usual routine of “have you got a job for me?” Concentrate on what you can give.
• Sixth. Once you have your plan in mind, arrange with an experienced writer to put it on paper in the form of a professional, concise resume and cover letter, or portfolio if your profession demands it.
• Seventh. Submit your package to the proper person with authority and he or she will do the rest. Every company is looking for men and women who can give something of value, whether it be ideas, services, or “connections.” Every company has room for the person who has a definite plan of action which is to the advantage of that company.
This process may take a few days or weeks of extra time, but the difference in income, in advancement, and in gaining recognition will save years of hard work at small pay. It has many advantages, the main one being that it will often save anywhere from one to five years of time in reaching a chosen goal.
Every person who starts, or “gets in” half way up the ladder, does so by deliberate and careful planning, (excepting, of course, the Boss’ son).
Pave Your Own Way
Now more than ever you have a world full of opportunities open to you. Choose your own path, pave it, or build it yourself—any way you choose, there is no good reason not to live the life you want!
Aussie Internet Marketer © 2004 – 2009