The next few ideas presented in the Mindset Mastery book were intended as a sort of practical guide to moving on to better things in your personal and professional life, with the end result being, of course, obtaining wealth. It’s good, real-world advice that still rings true, and has been updated as well to fit our modern age. We have used Think And Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill as a guide to put this message across.
When And How To Apply For A Position
The information described here is the net result of many years of experience during which thousands of men and women were helped to market their services effectively. It can, therefore, be relied on as sound and practical.
Media Through Which Services May Be Marketed
Experience has proven that the following media offer the most direct and effective methods of bringing the buyer and seller of personal services together.
1. Employment agencies. Employment agencies give you a much larger and more visible presence than you alone can manage. Agencies also have insider information and connections a private individual simply will not have. But you have to be careful to trust your future employment or contracts to only reputable agencies. Research any agent by getting references and searching the company online. A good agent will be able to give you names for reference as well as produce a portfolio of completed projects and satisfied customers.
2. Advertising. Sometimes the oldies are the goodies, and traditional classified ads in newspapers, trade journals, magazines, and radio still are a first-hand resource for the job seeker. Likewise, print media are still first-line advertising means for businesses and individuals looking to market their businesses or services to a larger audience; it is worth remembering, too, that not all people have made the switch to online living, so if you never utilize print media for advertising, you could be missing a very large part of your target audience.
3. Personal resumes and applications directed to particular firms or individuals most apt to need the services being offered. Letters and resumes should be free of errors and give a brief, impressive account of experience and capabilities; if you are not confident in your abilities to prepare your own resume or portfolio, seek the services of a professional resume writer.
4. Personal acquaintances. In today’s world you may not even live in the same country as your prospective employer, but where you have the advantage of a personal connection, take the opportunity. Having an already trusted adviser speak for your abilities can catapult you to the top of a very long list of applicants.
5. Applying in cyber-space. It can be difficult to tell these days where employers go to find good help. Many will utilize traditional systems such as newspapers, classifieds, and print media, but an ever-growing number are foregoing the cost and tedium of managing print advertising for the faster, more widely appealing convenience of the internet. If you ignore the opportunity to research job listing and post your resume online, you are severely limiting your opportunity.
The next Napoleon Hill installment will continue this series of practical, action-oriented advice. Come back to learn more about presenting yourself with your best face forward to capture the opportunities you desire.
Aussie Internet Marketer © 2004 – 2009